Sock-sess!

Decided to try nalbinding a sock.  Found a pattern I liked where the sock is a long tube with a space left for a heel to be added in (which I did in brown so it was easy to see), which actually makes sense to me.  I always wear the heel out & if you try to repair it the bumps from the repair are irritating.  This way when it wears out, you simply remove the section and nalbind a new heel in.  Brilliant!  This makes so much more sense to me than knitting sock patterns.

I started, keeping in mind people say to work the second sock of a pair, concurrently, that it’s too easy to forget what you did with the first sock and you may never get around to finishing the second.  So toe first, then second toe, the stretch along the length of the foot 1 and 2, heel hole and up 1 and 2, heel 1 and 2.  Done.  That was great!  But following instructions from online, these came out somewhat larger than I’d expected.  Well, there’s always washing and shrinkage…


Round start at toe (above, brown), rosette, toe and start of foot, heel hole (below, heel started in brown) & done!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art-a-fact

tsk tsk task